Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have a question re employment law, settlement agreement, I

Customer Question

Hey
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question re employment law, settlement agreement
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I need some advice on how settlement agreement works as I feel I have been treated unfairly
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Employees
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, I need some guidance in replaying and if it does not settle, I am someone to help me further
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please provide some more details about your situation Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Ben
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been working with a company almost 2 years 9 months and I have been very successful in my role and got good rating in Feb in my performance appraisal and my role is Talent Acquisition Manager .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told yesterday for the first time in my career that i have performance issues in my one to one and asked me to either agree on agreement or they will initiate a formal performance process. They have hired someone in my team to balance my workload as it was very high since last 9 months and ask me to train and do my knowledge transfer and to be frank it seems that my role has been replaced already. No process was followed here. I asked two questions in the meeting that why my performance is not satisfactory because it was not raised to me anytime in my time and i always got 100% bonus . They said they were busy since last 4 months and that is why they could not discuss with me. My company has been doing great and have not been impacted by COVID. they have not initiated a redundancy process as they have hired someone in my team 3 months ago to help me. I was doing two roles since last 6 months and they hired another person in my team in April to give away few responsibilities. I am not sure what to do here, should i go on PIP which is very unfair as no one informed or discussed this with me. I asked reasons and he said reasons are more subjective rather than objective and kind of hinted me to leave with money. they have not offered me handsome package.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information is confidential here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please let me know if you can help?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. So what do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should i reply to my employer as they have sent me an agreement to review else go on pip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is the time duration for a call?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Sorry won’t be available for calls at present. What you tell the ewer will very much depend on what you are trying to achieve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Ben
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know what should be the wise decision here to take money or go on PIP that is why i contacted you to direct me. Is my case is strong enough to negotiate
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the rules I work under do not allow me to discuss your chances of success in court. When solicitors determine these, we would conduct a formal case analysis and take the full details and evidence that are available into consideration. On this site we deal with very limited information in a Q&A format, so inevitably certain details and evidence will be missed. Therefore, if we discussed prospects of success based on this limited information alone, we could end up giving misguided advice and prompt you into either making a claim or not making one, when in reality we may have advised the opposite had we known the full details. That is why we are only limited to discussing the legal position and your options, without actually commenting on how good or bad a case you have. Hope this explains things for you