Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

If I am offered a settlement agreement at redundancy does my

If I am offered a settlement agreement at redundancy does my employer also have to honour my contractual notice period?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Thank you for reaching out. Leave it with me for now and I will get back to you in a while. Many thanks

A settlement agreement is its own separate agreement which takes over any contractual obligations you and the employer have. On that basis, the employer does not have to pay you for the settlement agreement AND also for your contractual notice period. The notice period will usually be negotiated as part of the agreement itself so you need to ensure that whatever offer has been made is acceptable to you and also does not remove any entitlements you would have had in the event the employer terminated your employment without such an agreement.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks

All the best