Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

If i have an employment contract which states they have to

if i have an employment contract which states they have to give me 6 months notice if they wish to terminate my employment, can they still make me redundant?
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 months

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Many thanks for your patience. The employer can indeed make you redundant if needed, although they are still obliged o honour your notice period and either allow you to work through it as normal, or pay you in lieu of notice. The notice period is a contractual entitlement you have and is not affected by the redundancy. Similarly, the notice period does not affect the employer’s ability to make you redundant if required.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

All the best