How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8009
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Please, I have VAT issue with my agency, Contractors, They

Customer Question

JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have VAT issue with my agency
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Contractors
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They are refusing to pay my vat
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.


Why are they refusing to do so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sir, I recently registered for vat and I requested that they back date all my vat from the past. I was checking online and found out that they should backdate up to 6 months from my previous invoices. I work for an agency as a courier driver Amazon and every week they send me an invoice. They started sending me invoices with my vat but not giving me an answer for the previous invoices which I believe by law they should pay up to 6 months before I had vat number. I am seeking legal advice or representation unless you advise me that they may get away with it. I believe that they pocket vat funds from drivers. It's not right. It should be straightforward pay vat which is my responsibility to send to HMRC and not them. Would you be able to help me on this please. Thank you. Ronald
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

You are the service provider, you did not purchase services.

The 6 months period is for people who have purchased services, so it is not applicable to you. In your case, you can only start charging VAT from the date you are registered for VAT.

May I help further?