james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

What is 'Bumping' and how can I used this to defend the

What is 'Bumping' and how can I used this to defend the reasons for making me redundant? (I have a direct report in the UK who is not impacted by the redundancy process and I believe some of my role will be done by my boss).

Hello, I may assist today.

Bumping (or more correctly a transferred redundancy) arises where an employee whose job is not redundant is dismissed to make way for an employee whose role has become redundant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I suggest that instead of making me redundant they should actually make my direct report redundant and bump me into his role (considering that was what I was doing until I had developed business beyond the UK and then started setting up France and Spain).

Absolutely correct.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Here to help.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.