james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can you please state the Law with full references - my

Can you please state the Law with full references - my Question is: Does the Law require the Church of England (or an individual diocese) to have a public access Bullying Policy in place that can be consulted and enforced when a breach occurs ? Thank you
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: The Question relates to England?London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: 9 times asked the Church of England by e mail and Letter, and phone. No response
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a victim of harassment, bullying and intimidation for the last few years.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please continue - urgent and important - thank you

It remains possible for legislation concerning the Church of England to be made by Act of Parliament, but this has happened only rarely since the 1919 Act, and there is a constitutional convention that Parliament will not legislate for the internal affairs of the Church of England without its consent.

Section 14.1 Guidelines for the Professional Conduct of the Clergy, states that

There is procedures that should be followed, Ministry Division publication Dignity at Work (2008) The clergy and those who support them should be aware of the Ministry Division publication Dignity at Work (2008) and its recommendations concerning bullying, harassment, and accusation at work.

I have attached directly link Below to the document .
https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2017-10/dignity%20at%20work%20booklet.pdf

james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: Owner at James Bruce Solicitors