Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Ben, We have registered as PAYE employer at HMRC site. As

Hi Ben,We have registered as PAYE employer at HMRC site. As per CJRS we must enroll furlouged employee before 10th June 2020. I want to under when we say enroll means :
1. do we have any HMRC site to register employee
2. This means you keep agreement/consent signed by employee before 10th Jun
3: Enrollmen will be confirmed once payroll is run by end of june and employer can confirm employees details while applying for the claims pls clarify

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long has the employee worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have 2 employees to be furloughed
one is being employed for 7 years and one of them for 5 months

Thank you. In terms of what it means to furlough someone by that deadline, it is simply a case of entering into a written agreement with the employer that they will be furloughed and starting their furlough before then. You do not have to inform HMRC or make a claim before that, as long as you have the written agreement as proof of when the employees’ furlough period started.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when do we have to start claiming?

There is no specific deadline for claiming, the scheme is still open and claims will be ongoing for a few months to come

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in this case we have an agreement signed with employees as on today, this means they are on furlough plan and we shall claim only after the payroll?

yes you can do that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am still not clear on enrolling before 10th June means?

it means furloughing them, having the agreement in place for it. The rules state:

This means that the final date by which an employer needs to agree with their employee and ensure they place them on furlough is 10 June.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, it is just about getting consent/agreement signed by an employee on or before 10th June- correct?
I was under impression that we need to inform HMRC as well before 10th June about the 1st-time entrant and put employees details in some portal!
Now when we have an agreement signed we will have run the payroll and claim to HMRC only after payroll, pl advice if understanding is correct?

No you just need to have officially furloughed the employees using the furlough agreement and then you go ahead with the claim at a later date