ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Laywer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I work temporary contracts / shift work multiple employers,

I work temporary contracts / shift work multiple employers, a day here and a day there.I have saved income in a LTD, whilst having also PAYE income. I dont think Im on a LTD co payroll as its all being saved, and for some reason the payroll has been stopped as far as I know about 1-2 years ago (my accountant does everything)...Since COVID I have almost no PAYE / LTD income, and since just paying off corporation tax etc, I am now struggling financially.Am I right to assume furlough doesn't apply to me and there is not much I can do about this in that regard ??

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist

Kindly give me a minute I type a response.

The first thing to note about the scheme is that it is your employer that is required to apply for the scheme on your behalf and not you.

You can however be on any type of contract, including a zero-hour contract or a temporary contract to be furloughed. So, you may agree with your temporary employers to being furloughed.

Hope I clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate your acceptance of the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best

RL

ReadyLaw, Laywer