Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

L have been placed on furlough and my understanding (and

Hello, l have been placed on furlough and my understanding (and from terms in the letter) l have been placed on furlough because there is no work for me to do. I accepted the furlough agreement without fuss.However, my query is that some of the work that l would normally do is still being performed, but by other people and other tasks that l would ordinarily do have just been shelved and await my return - so the work is building up! Is that fair and reasonable?

Hi thank you for your message, yes your employer is allowed to do that. The main purpose of furlough is where they cannot afford to pay you so in some cases the work will build up until your return and in some cases they may need to reallocate the work to those they are still paying to work. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.