Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

L am currently on furlough ( for a UK company, and l am

Hello, l am currently on furlough ( for a UK
company, and l am working and living in the UK).My query/concern is that post furlough my company may restructure my department using Some Other Substantial Reason, rather than redundancy. I have 3 direct reports and l report into a director. I am concerned they might just share my tasks out among my direct reports and my director and get rid of me. Therefore the tasks are still done but l am not needed ( hence no actual redundancy). In have been with the company 11 years and 9 months.What compensation would l be entitled to in this situation? My company have taken this approach a few times.
Hi thank you for your message, well if they restructure in such a way that redundancy is not needed your compensation would fall under any contractual notice period. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.