How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3231
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

How much does it cost to take someone to small claims court

This answer was rated:

how much does it cost to take someone to small claims court

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

What are you claiming for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
loss of earnings

Thank you if you have suffered a loss of earnings, small claims court may not be the best way forward. Can you give me a little understanding about what has happened and then I can advise on the best jurisdiction to use. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you. R.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mayor of London has cut the life of London cab from 15 too 12 years therefore cutting 3 years loss of earnings

Ok I understand. So this would be a civil action so you as long as it falls within the small claims limit of £10k the it would be small claims if it is more than this then you want to use what is called the ordinary cause procedure. You will be challenging a change of law which can be done, it is not easy and you will have to rely on case law to support your claim. Therefore I would advise that you instruct a solicitor to help you with this. If you are successful then you could potentially look at having your costs covered.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


RJM Law and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you