NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I made a claim to the ET and we are supposed to have a PH

Hello.I made a claim to the ET and we are supposed to have a PH case management on 2nd June, but due to covid19, my PH got postponed until further notice just one day before.
But, in the morning of PH, the respondent sent the agenda for PH along with their documents and didn't include my documents. (probably, respondent didn't see the ET email of postponing PH) in addition, ET ordered to send agenda 2 days before PH which I did but respondent only sent the morning of PH.ET made an order to the respondent to prepare a bundle for use at the case management on or before 20th Feb 2020. and i sent my documents on the 23rd of December 2019 by following ET order.
Since i didn't receive a bundle i make an application on 24th May 2020 to the ET to make an order to share the bundle for case management but no answer yet.Should i make another order and pointing out that the respondent didn't follow the previous ET order and get a fine or there will be a new order for the ET with new PH date?
Hi! I am Anu, a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there maybe delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
You should not make another application if you have already made one. At the hearing the judge will penalise the respondent accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick answer, i have one more question on this.
I do not understand why the respondent didn't include my document in the bundle, what usually happens if PH didn't postponed and the respondent didn't prepare the claimant bundle for PH?
I i don't have my document, i am not able to support my list of the issues during PH.
I believe that the respondent is intentionally sabotaging PH for no reason.
You should simply follow your directions. Anything the respondent fails to do or fails to follow the directions then judge will penalise them. You should simply make notes of each of their omissions and how those omissions impact your position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the quick answer, my question is what if PH went ahead as scheduled and i didn't have my documents. Do ET reschedule PH in another day with a full bundle or just go ahead without my documents? i just want to know so i can write down that the respondent's intention is sabotaging the PH.
Sorry why don't you have your documents? The PH would have gone ahead unless there was a valid reason. If it was due to the respondent then the judge would have made an exception. But since they are your documents you should always retain copies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a documents and sent to the respondent to make a full bundle. and as i mentioned, respondent didn't send me a full bundle. ET made an order to the respondent to make a full bundle so respondent should have prepared enough copy for everyone. but the respondent didn't make a full bundle but only documents that they need.
Do i need to bring my documents myself to PH even the ET asks to the respondent to prepare the full bundle?
You are not required to bring your docs as it is the respondents responsibility however you can always keep it with you as a back up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question is that, i thought respondent was going to bring full bundle so i didn't prepare them.
So what if PH went ahead as scheduled and i didn't have my documents as back up (as respondent didn't prepare full bundle). Do ET reschedule PH in another day with a full bundle or just go ahead without my documents? i just want to know so i can write down that the respondent's intention is sabotaging the PH.
It would have been up to the judge. Either a postponement or it would have gone ahead. Either way you can raise the point that the respondent had an intention to sabotage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool thank you for your answer.