SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am co founder of a company and I was taken off from my

I am co founder of a company and I was taken off from my directors position due to my credit rating being low (was supposed to be temporary) my business partner is now refusing to put me back on and now withholding any access to bank etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That’s quite ridiculous

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. I am sorry the moderators took some time to get a solicitor reviewing your question. If one of the prerequisites for being a Direct is having a good credit record and you were removed in terms of the Articles of Association or Companies Act then the removal would have been valid and you will need to put your name forward formally as a nominee. If there is more than just the two of you as Shareholders then hopefully you can move for a general meeting where the members can vote for you to go back on the Board. It would be difficult if not impossible if the only shareholders are you and the other Director as there will be no majority in any vote. You would have no option in the end but to make an application to Court to be reinstated and giving your reasons why it is in the best interests of the business that you re back on the board despite the temporary period of low credit rating. I hope this helps and I can only apologise for the delay, I have been asked this evening to respond to your enquiry. All the best

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Appreciate the response

You are very welcome. All the best

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK