RJM Law
RJM Law, Laywer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

You helped me with question regarding C.V and Cover letter

Hello Ross.You helped me with question regarding C.V and Cover letter question yesterday.
I have a question that relate to yesterday question.I was dismissed in September 2018 and i am claiming a remedy for 52 weeks from October 2018 to September 2019. i have a job from January 2020 so i don't think i need to give them further information as this is not the period of remedy i am claiming for. do i need to provide my new job information even though it is after 52 weeks?Thank you in advance for your answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See below my question from yesterday.Hello.I made a claim to the ET for unfair dismissal.
I sent my schedule of loss and job application confirmation and some emails.now the respondent is asking below.ET has the power to order disclosure under R31
ETR. The Claimant (“C”) to disclose the following
in respect of mitigation:The actual applications made for employment, including his CV and any cover letters/emails. Most of the C’s disclosure relating to mitigation are standard acknowledgment emails but he has not disclosed his applications and/or the substance of his applications.So my question is that do i need to give them my C.V and cover letters?
There is my personal information so i am not comportable to share with them.In addition, the Respondent is askingThe R understands that the C secured alternative employment in January 2020. C to confirm the exact date. In any event, the R puts the C to proof on his mitigation efforts and claimed losses.I was dismissed in September 2018 and i am claiming a remedy for 52 weeks from October 2018 to September 2019. i have a job from January 2020 so i don't think i need to give them further information. do i need to provide my new job information even though it is after 52 weeks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would appreciate if you give me advice on the job after 52 weeks.

No problem I will be back online this evening, what is it you would like to know about the job?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that i can only clime up to 52 weeks and i claimed a remedy for 52 weeks. And i found a job after 52 weeks.
So i didn’t include new job information.
Respondent is requesting below.“The respondent understands that claimant secured alternative employment in january 2020. Claimant to confirm exact date. In any event, the Respondent puts the Claimant to proof on his mitigation efforts abd claimed losses.”Actually i do not understand what respondent wants.Best.

So what they wanna is the date which you started work so that they can see it ties in correctly with the date you are claiming up to. Putting you to proof to show you have mitigated your losses. So you are going to have to send them proof that you had been seeking employment during the year you are claiming for. So you can do this by sending confirmations of applications to jobs and letter you have received from prospective employers saying that you were not successful in securing the job with them. You will want to supply as much as you can for the period you are claiming for. Does this answer your question?

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ross.
Actually i would like to provide all info from october 2018 to september 2019 (52weeks period as i am claiming remedy for 52 week only) the thing i don’t understand is that why respondent wants thing happened after 52 weeks?
Do i still need to provide info after 52 weeks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
During 52 weeks, i am more than happy to provide them all information i have tried to find a job.

No what they are asking for is the date you started work so they know the calculation is correct. They will only be asking for information about you anew employment if you are earning less and claiming for this difference also. Does that make sense to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already told them the day of starting work.
The sentence i don’t understand is below.
“In any event, the Respondent puts the Claimant to proof on his mitigation efforts and claimed losses.”
In order to proof my new job, what should i do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does it mean by proof on his mitigation efforts and claimed losses

Proof on his mitigation is what I explained, you want to show that you were doing what you can in order to get another job. If they want proof you started a new job. You can ask someone at your work just to give you a letter stating when you started work, or you can show them your contract with the start date on it.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see what you mean but i don't understand why i have to give them my new employment details even it is 52 weeks after. i proofed them that i have been looking for a job until the last day of 52 weeks.

Because the want to know what date you started your new job and you have to prove that so they know what dates the claim is for. This is not unusual. So if you are claiming up to say 1st June, then you will have to show that you stated work on the 1st June.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see
Thank you very much for your help.
Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ross. i have one more question.
i am going to ask my new employer an employment letter. does the employment letter need to include my salary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or just i confirming my employment?

No it does not unless you request it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it so, do i need to provide a payslip from new employment? as i mentioned earlier i got a job after 52 weeks

Only if this is requested and/or orders by the judge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Thank you again.

You are very welcome and I wish you all the best.