Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

We have self a self employed contractor working full time

Hi We have self a self employed contractor working full time since 1 year as marketing consultant for our firm . we have decided to end the contract we just wanted to know do we have to give any reason or we can simply end it ?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Does this contract say you have to specify a reason? Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No does not state , just that either party can terminate with the notice period .

Many thanks for your patience. Legally, you have no obligation to provide any reasons for the termination as long as you honour any contractual notice period and procedure. The only times you must provide a reason is if this was an employee with more than 2 years’ service (not a self-employed worker), or there was a formal obligation in their contract for you to do so.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All the best