Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I was placed on furlough but didn’t/still haven’t received a

I was placed on furlough but didn’t/still haven’t received a letter about it from my employer. They are still asking me to do tasks. My manager has called me today advising he knows I haven’t carried out some of the tasks and is angry with me. I have explained why but he said he will now get the owner of the business to call me. I’m scared I’ll lose my job.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: They don’t have an active HR person as such as they are a franchise
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee of just over 2years
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’ve just joined Unite
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am in the UK
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1 hour wait
When will I get a reply?

Hi, thank you for your message. If you are furloughed you should not be doing work. You should report their actions directly to HMRC.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Even if then are giving me the 20%?

Hi, thank you for your message you will need to contact HMRC to confirm as there are no clear guidance yet. But you should not be working while furloughed. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.