Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Can you tell me what steps / what an employment tribunal

Hi, can you tell me what steps / what an employment tribunal will take into account when deciding whether an employment claim for discrimination at work due to racism / ageism is successful?Also, are you able to outline whether an employment tribunal can consider a breach of contract by my employer for not paying - holiday pay, arrears of pay/other payments to me. Can this be dealt with at my employment tribunal hearing for the discrimination matters - and what will the tribunal consider / look at?Thanks,

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Are you able to provide some background information please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the initial hearing has been and I have a case management hearing in August
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im claiming discrimination on the grounds of age and race , harassment and also
Breach of contract in relation to holiday pay/ arrears of pay/ other payments.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was unfairly treated, and passed over for appointments in comparison to younger, white employees.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I often didnt receive my pay promptly or correctly (including bonuses and regular salaries/expenses)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received poor treatment from management staff who often spoke down to me and had a bad attitude. Many black staff were asked and required to cover shifts however this wasn't asked of the white staff

Thank you. Leave it with me for now, although please note it is extremely busy at present due to the ongoing situation so there may be a delay in replying, but I will get back to you at some point today. Please do not reply in the meantime. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I was just wondering if you're able to respond to this? x

Hi, my sincere apologies for the delay, for some reason this question dropped off my ‘to do’ lost.

Going back to your query, it is a very general query in some ways, in a sense that each claim will depend on tis own circumstances. Therefore, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to say what an Employment Tribunal would be looking at to determine if there is a successful claim. Obviously, the elements of a discriminatory offence must be present where someone has either been treated detrimentally because of a protected characteristic, or there has been a provision, criterion or practice which places them at a disadvantage because of such a protected characteristic.

AN Employment Tribunal can also consider breach of contract claims by an employee and the limit is £25,000.

Does this answer your query?