NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -
108371865

I have just been made redundant whilst on furlough. My

Hi Pearl, I have just been made redundant whilst on furlough. My letter stated "Therefore your last day of employment will be 31st July 2020. You will remain furloughed during this entire period. You will continue to receive ‘furlough pay’ of 80% until the end of July.
For the period 8th June to 16th July 2020 (4 weeks contractual notice plus 9 days outstanding holiday) your salary will be topped up to 100% of your previous salary prior to furlough
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have had two consultations and then this letter
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi! I am Anu, a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.

Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there maybe delays in responding due to assisting other customers.

please kindly specify your query

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Anu, I Have just been made redundant whilst on furlough. My company I’ve agreed to keep me on furlough until the end of July.My letter states: I will continue to receive furlough at 80% until the end of July. Between 8th-16th July ( 4 weeks contractual notice plus 9 days holiday) my salary will be topped up to 100% of my previous salary prior to furlough. I will also receive a redundancy payment. My question is that I was under the impression that I would receive furlough for June and July plus my months notice, plus redundancy but this seems to suggest my notice period money will be incorporated into my furlough. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry can I cancel the call I requested
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?

Hi the call request has been cancelled. I am now typing a response to your query.

That is correct. Your notice and holidays have been incorporated. Your employer can make you redundant whist on furlough. They can also use the furlough scheme to pay part of your notice pay. But you are entitled to 100% pay for your notice period and holidays. It appears that they will be topping up your pay accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks very much, I just needed that Clarified as I was unsure. Much appreciated

My pleasure. Best wishes.