Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am currently on furlough and my employer has offer to top

Customer Question

I am currently on furlough and my employer has offer to top up my pay to 100% if any accrued holidays are taken which I agreed to. Last month I got my pay less my overtime etc but this month they have taken money off as unpaid leave which has left me £300 short has there been a reduction in furlough scheme?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 days ago.

How long have you worked there for? Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I joined them back about 3 and a half years ago
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. So has your furlough payment reduced below the 80%?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yeah it was reduced to 80% and then HR said you have to give your accrued holidays which work out to 2 per month so from January it was originally 6 days and they’ll top up to 100% which they done for May but not this month
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 days ago.

so you have run out of holidays to sue for the top up and have now gone back down to 80% pay?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I get 24 days not including bank holidays and have only used 1 so I have plenty left in the year I have sent a message to HR asking why they’ve done this but I don’t know what their obligations are
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 days ago.

Well they would either choose to use up your holidays and pay you for them, or not do so and still allow you to take them at a later date -the choice is theirs really…