SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

FAO Solicitor RM only I understand that Employment Tribunal

FAO Solicitor RM onlyI understand that Employment Tribunal deals with the questions about contracts, custom and practice, etc.
Will the Employment Tribunal deal with the issues of discrimination at work and whistleblowing? Or would it have to be another court?

Hi thank you, ***** ***** very sorry today was really busy as I had a couple of telephone hearings so I was not online. I have only just logged on. the Tribunal deals with any employment issues so what you have mentioned , discrimination and whistleblowing at work actually forms a huge proportion of what the tribunal handles

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. Do I understand right that the claim to the Employment Tribunal would not cost me anything?

There is no fee to file your ET1 and if you are not engaging a solicitor or barrister and handling the matter yourself then there would be no further costs. There is always a risk of adverse costs if the respondent claims that you are not complying with the Rules, he court may order you to pay their solicitors' costs if they are represented.

If it is not too much trouble I would be grateful for your rating at your convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry, what is ET1? and what 'you are not complying with the Rules' might mean?

The Claim form that you use to start a claim in the Employment Tribunal is called the ET1. All Court have Rules that apply to how the claims progress from start to end. You will have to down load the Employment Tribunal Rules if you are not going to be represented

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I briefly point out the main steps of my future claim, just to check the legal grounds? Shall I open a new question and do it tomorrow?

IF you wish to open a new enquiry you may do so an start it FAO Solicitor RM as you have done on this thread and I will pick it up tomorrow. Would you benefit from a phone call? call is chargeable but I just feel like you need a lot more guidance and I find its so much easier to understand when speaking and some questions come naturally in conversation. Please do not forget to rate this thread before leaving for JA to acknowledge my input.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. I will put my question tomorrow with probably first explaining the case and then going on the phone call. It is too late now. I will out the question as FAO one.