Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I'm working for company that making ventilation units. Part

Hi, I'm working for company that making ventilation units. Part of this unit is fan status monitor which is electronic board. This board is produce by various manufacturers around the world, and my company is buying them from one of them. My partner owns company that produce various electronic board. Would I be in trouble with my employee if my partner start making and selling fan status monitors?

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked there for? Is there a restriction in your contract about this?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm working there for 12 years, there is no restrictions in my contract, I'm not dealing with suppliers, working as technical engineer designing metalwork only.

Thank you. There should be no cause for concern as long as there is no restriction in your contract which prevents this or the employer’s business is not negatively affected by this. Similarly, you should not use your statis in the company to try and get your wife’s business to your employer when it may not be the most beneficial deal for them. Still, to be safe, it is always recommended to run this past the employer first so that there is transparency with your work and connections and then everyone knows where they stand, without any possible surprises in the future.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you

All the best