Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have defended a money claim and i have recived a letter

Hi,I have defended a money claim and i have recived a letter saying the below:" It is ordered thatUnless the defendant shall file at court ans serve on the claimant a completed Directions Questionnaire by 4pm on 31 July 2020 the defence shall stand struck out by this order and the claimant shall be entitled to request judgement in default."I plan to fight it and need advice on the correct course of action here please?

Hi thank you for your message, you need to file a directions questionnaire this should have been sent to you by the court but if you have not got one contact the court and ask them for a copy. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Can this be downloaded as I won't have time for the court to send one out to me now?

Yes it depends which track you want, if it is small claims i.e. below £10,000 then you need the form here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track

If higher in value than that then the form here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n181-directions-questionnaire-fast-track-and-multi-track

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
do I need to send a copy of this to the claimant or just the county court?

Just the county court. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.