Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Ben. My grievance against bullying (by my manager) has been

Hi Ben.
My grievance against bullying (by my manager) has been rejected. Basically it came down to his word against mine). I have lodged an appeal and waiting for the date. I have since presented evidence which proves my manager is dishonest and unethical (witness statement confirms an example of this). My concern is that the appeal manager also manages the person who rejected my grievance. I thought it would be someone unconnected with the case. Appeals are rarely successful according to research but since I now have evidence of my managers dishonesty will this make my case stronger. Thank you

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Do you mean ypcsdr for appeal? Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. Thanks

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ypcsdr?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Will you refund the 51?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ben. I understand you are unable to call me back. My bank has taken 51 euros for this phone call. How do I proceed?

Hi sorry for the incoherent word earlier, all I can out it down to is fat-finger syndrome.

That was meant to say are you asking about your case for appeal, i.e. if it makes your appeal case stronger? As to the call charges we can arrange a refund of these once we finish in writing here.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Two questions. If his honesty can be questioned due to his asking a colleague to inflate a forecast- and the witness will verify this. Will it make case stronger if it comes down to who they believe. His answer tovthe grievance was "its all untrue and out of context ". I want to challenge his honesty as it hinges on this. Question two is about the appeals manager. She manages the manager who rejected my grievance. I assumed it would be someone else as we are a big company. Could this potentially bias my appeal? Thank you. Donna

Thank you. So when you say the manager was dishonest, is the evidence you have in relation to things directly involved in your grievance, or something unrelated?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Something unrelated but it does give character insight as to his honesty, ethics and integrity

Ok thanks. Whilst you can raise this, it does not actually mean that he behaved in the same way with you. The same principle is applied to criminal cases – when someone is tried, the jury is not given details of their past convictions or offences as it is easy to infer that they have also committed the present crime but that does not actually mean they have. So this would apply here as well – you can raise it and provide your evidence but just because someone has been dishonest in other situations does not mean they are always dishonest. In the end, it is for the employer to decide whether to use that evidence and if to admit it as evidence in the first place.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks - how to I request refund for telephone call that did not occur. Thank you again

You can of course get a refund for the phone call charges. Whilst I cannot process that myself, may I please direct you to our customer service team who will be more than happy to help you with this. You can reach them using the contact details on the following link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us