Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

My company will start redundancy with office closure. I have

Customer Question

Hi, My company will start redundancy with office closure. I have been working for the company over 8 years. How is the redundancy pay calculated? Is is correct that the last 12 weeks are taken into consideration before the notice letter is received? I am on statutory sick leave now over 4 weeks and it would definitely reduce the amount of the redundancy pay.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I would like to understand what the law says about it. What period is taken into consideration? What is the situation in case of illness when the SSP amount has nothing to do with my salary during the past 8 years.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee, full time. I do not belong to a union.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Are you on a salary and fixed pay? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am on salary per year.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Since I am on statutory sick leave now with GBP 99 per week over the past 4 weeks, this amount has nothing to do with my salary during the past 8 years. If I get my notice letter, is it correct that from that date backwards the past 12 week pay is taken only consideration?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

If you are on a fixed salary the this calculation method is not relevant. This only applies if your pay varies. However, this is not the case and your notice and redundancy will simply be calculated based on your contracted pay.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you