Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I would like to ask about the right for fixed term contract

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I would like to ask about the right for fixed term contract employee. I have worked for the company over 2 year and my contract (1 year rolling contract) is ending end of this year. I am pregnant at this moment and I’m planning to go for maternity leave in mid Feb 2021. I am just wondering if they can not renewal my contract in the end of year. thank you so much. Phoebe
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have discussed with my manager but I want to ensure as I guess that will be the HR decision.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I’m an employee - sale assistant and work for the company over 2 years.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that’s it.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, as it is a one year rolling contract they could chose to not renew. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.