Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I’ve back to work at Bovey castle after furlow but my

Customer Question

Hi I’ve back to work at Bovey castle after furlow but my employers have only gie
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have done this but my contact is for 40 hours a week but surely if my contact says 40 hours other on a employee are doing 48 hours but if you kick up they find a way to get rid of you
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee I don’t belong to a union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The hotel is very busy
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

How long have you worked there for? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: How long have you worked there for?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query.

If you are strictly contracted to 40 hours only then that is what the employer should stick to and you can refuse to work extra than that. However, you should also check the contract to see if it states anything about the employer being able to ask you to work additional hours if needed. If such a clause exists then they can ask you to work overtime and you cannot unreasonably refuse that.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.