Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I believe I just submitted my question, I've notified my

Customer Question

I believe I just submitted my question
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I've notified my previous company that the client contacted me
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Don't belong to a union. I will start a new job at the end of the month. It's full time.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: So this job would be on parallel with my new full time job.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what is your question?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was made redundant from my previous company. I did have a non compete or non- solicitation clause in my contract.A client that I brought on to my previous company has contacted me recently and told me that they'd like to hire me in a freelancer capacity. The client is headquartered inEstonia and me and my previous company did PR for their UK business. The client has been very unhappy with their representation ever since I haven't been on the account.I'm wondering whether I'm still bound by the non compete if I create a company in Estonia (I'm Estonian myself) and bill the client for my services there, instead of doing it in the UK? How could I go about obtaining the client without getting potentially into trouble with the previous employer.PS! The client has indicated that they will leave my previous employer.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is my employment contract.

Hi, thank you for your message. You will need your previous employers consent before engaging with this client if you do so before 6 months after leaving the role. I would advise that you wait at least 6 months and/or receive written consent from your previous employer to work with the client.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.