Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

My contract has been terminated unexpectedly, within the

good morning
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my contract has been terminated unexpectedly, within the days, I am under two years with this company full time employment
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I did not have an oportunity - I have been sent email that PM whants to talk through some things and HR person will be via skype on other side. I asked If I need to be accompanied - and there was no answer. and on that meeting project manager told me that I am dismissed.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee for big construction company probation time passed in march 2020 so under 2 years
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been told by the same project manager in january 2020 openly in the office that they can sack me within a week because I am not working two years with the company

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you tell me what your specific question is so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
strangely, it feels I have no protection in UK under its current law? Am I right? Am I correct If the person in charge does not like me they can dismiss me?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
can I also have a copy of this chat sent to my email please, and the payment confirmation, thanks

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
you charged me so far 50£ but once you have the money you cannot connect?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
its like a casino I have no answer but lost the money
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hello?
can you please advise what help I am going to have and when?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok, thanks Ben

Hi there. Just a quick clarification on phone calls – the pop-up offering you the chance to request one is automatic and I have no control over it. Therefore, if you request a call back there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else, would be available to fulfill it. At present, due to outside commitments, I cannot take calls but your request is open and visible to all other experts. If someone is available, they will accept it and call you, but if no one is free, then it will remain open until it is accepted or you decide to cancel it. In the meantime, you have already paid for a written response and that is the part I will continue helping you with.

You can contact customer services to cancel the call and request a refund by following the link below:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

In the meantime, I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can. Many thanks

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
very much thank you and appreciate your clarification

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. The main issue is that as you have been continuously employed at you place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as the decision is not based on a reason which makes a dismissal automatically unfair. These include:

· Discrimination due to a protected characteristic (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, etc.)

· Taking, or trying to take, leave for family reasons including pregnancy, maternity/paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave or leave for dependants

However, if the dismissal had nothing to do with any of the above exceptions, you would not be able to challenge it. In that case your only protection would be if you were dismissed in breach of contract. That would usually happen if you were not paid any contractual notice period due to you (unless you were dismissed for gross misconduct, where no notice would be due). If you did not have a written contract in place you would be entitled to the minimum statutory notice period of 1 week. The employer would either have to allow you to work that notice period and pay you as normal, or pay you in lieu of notice, where you are paid for the equivalent of the notice pay but your employment is terminated immediately.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you very much this very consists and informative, I wish to be able to form any explanation as you did, thank you

You are most welcome and all the best

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
unfortunately, the employment law in UK still serves the purpose of the rich (big companies) encouraging a slavery style. even yesterday statistic says how big proportion of women have been sacked comparable to 1/4 of the man at the same time in year 2020.

I agree to an extent, it is not perfect but it also needs to create a balance between the interests of businesses and allow them to make business decisions and also protect employees to a degree

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
believe me, in my case, it was not a decision of saving the business it was in the interest of saving inexperience, the so-called manager. not sure how to take it, you are not a psychologist, but I want the whole world to know how unfair these people are - effectively the law. I went to this job with curiosity accepting 10 K less salary, not showing ambitious - to not upset my manager - and these cowards even did not give me an opportunity for a fair defence, very poor. anyway thank you very much for your guidance, regards

All the very best