Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have just paid for and downloaded 4 contracts for my

I have just paid for and downloaded 4 contracts for my employees, is there a special procedure I need to follow for our signatures please.
JA: Have you discussed this with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: We are a tiny cafe and are just started up and as yet don't have a solicitor.
JA: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does the person belong to a union?
Customer: Non of our staff are in a union and all are employed by us
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: These are not zero hours contracts...don't know if that is relevant

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What special procedure were you thinking about? Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF i SIT DOWN WITH EACH EMPLOYEE AND WE BOTH SIGN THE CONTRACT, OR DO WE HAVE TO GO TO A SOLICITOR?

You certainly do not need a solicitor to get the contracts signed, it is as simple as the employees and an official representative of the company signing them. That could be a manager or a director, or anyone nominated by the company as having the authority to do so.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - it was my pleasure helping you with your query. All the best

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I thank you very much...the whole thing is a bit like a minefield!

You are most welcome and if you have further queries you know where to find me!