Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am a hotel manager, what level of DBS check can my

I am a hotel manager, what level of DBS check can my employee ask for? I believe there are various levels of checks that can be done dependent on your level of employment.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Have they asked for one yet? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
They have highlighted that it going to be done for all employees. I have a spent conviction and not sure how to respond if asked.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. You can have a look at a comprehensive list of jobs here nd what types of check hey would require:

https://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/a-to-z-eligibility/

Yours would fall within the hospitality industry which will just be a Basic check. That level of DBS check will only show unspent convictions so if yours is spent it would not appear in it and would not have to be declared, as the job is not an exempt position to which the spent rules do not apply.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks Ben so to confirm they could not request a enhanced check? What stops them doing this? Would a request to get this information be rejected by DBS. I thought anyone could request and enhanced DBS?

no only certain jobs can do that, that would be where you are performing a regulated activity and it usually includes working with children or vulnerable adults

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay thanks Ben. So to confirm it would be rejected and only a basic check can be done.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Apologies for asking same question over.

no problem at all and yes that is correct

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Excellent thanks Ben

You are most welcome and all the best