Remus2004
Remus2004, Advocate
Experience:  I am a barrister
12826847

Im hoping you could help me with it curent situation im in.

Customer Question

hello, im Amy Arrowsmith. im hoping you could help me with it curent situation im in. I received a letter, i need legal advice and having rang several solicitors i cant find anyone to help me with my case or referr me to someone who can. im hoping you will be able to help me.
JA: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: HR delt with my dismissal from work
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: employees
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my letter is a minded to bar me from working with vulnerable adults and children/ volunteered working.
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

If you could explain what the problem is, I can see if I may be able to assist you today?

Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

I can gain form your comments above that you have been dismissed from work, but do not expand why.

If the employer has failed to follow correct procedures in your dismissal, you may have a case to take to an employment tribunal. Likewise, if you have been with them more than 2 years then you may also have a case for unfair dismissal.

You can seek further advice and help with this with acas, they can be reached at www.acas.org.uk

In the meantime, if you would like to supply me with more detailed information then I may be able to give you more detailed advise.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Earlier this week I received a letter from DBS saying they were minded to bar me from working with vulnerable adults and children, following a complaint to HR by work colleagues in 2018. This was a police matter but the police told me that the case was dropped due to lack of evidence. Case No, 04/ZL/31312/18. The police case was sited in the DBS letter together with some accusations from former colleagues at Athena care home. I had around the same time expressed concerns about members of staff at the care home being abusive with residents. My side of things did not accompany the letter. I have had exemplary service up til this point. I had a relationship with the woman who with her sister have pointed the finger at me. I finished the relationship and I feel she made the report to HR as revenge. I was sacked a couple days later.I cannot access the police investigation through the website as I need a solicitor to help with me this. Apparently there where some confusion as there has been an update in policing computer systems.Ideally I would like help with writing a professional letter to clear my name.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have nothing further to add you can contact me on the above phone number I look forward to hearing from you Amy
Expert:  james bruce replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for that information.

Unfortunately, this is not something I would be able to assist with. I will opt out to allow another expert to possible assist.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 4 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 days ago.

Hello.

So are you asking if you can prevent them barring you?

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

If you are asking what to do about this then you can write back to the dbz system making representations that you should not be barred.

If that happens anyway then you do have the option to appeal to the first tier tribunal.

I'm happy to look at the letter that you're about to send but usually it is about showing that you are not a risk. If the allegations were false and without basis then that is what you say.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 day ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”