james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Have been sacked for gross misconduct. i am aware that my

Customer Question

have been sacked for gross misconduct. i am aware that my employers have emails, either to/from or mentioning me that back up my side of what has happened. i have asked for these but they are stalling. Do i have a legal right to see them?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Email correspondence with H of Employee Services
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: i was an employee. no union. dismissed and email through company procedure unsuccessful
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have seen a copy of one email that clearly backs up my story but at appeal was told no such emails existed
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The employer;loyer does not have to show you company information or communications.

However, if you ado have access to at least one email to back up what you say, then if your company appeals process has finished , you can take the case to an employment tribunal.

The tribunal can order disclosure of documents in a case.

I would advice speaking with acas as soon as possible because all tribunal cases need to start with them.

www.acas.org.uk

It is time critical so I would advice to do this asap.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** been very helpful

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.