How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1891
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Can you see what I wrote? The first hearing was with the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Can you see what I wrote?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: The first hearing was with the risk manager and a Member of HR
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: And then I appealed the decision with the area manager who then set up a meeting with me and the same HR person who was there previously. This was on Monday and today the area manager calls me to let me know that he agrees with the decision
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Are you able to view my other question by any chance?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome, my name is***** am very sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. Can I confirm what is your question?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Do you mind typing or copy and paste the question here as I cannot open the link above.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 3 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome, my name is***** am very sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. Without the information I asked for, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. You should check that your employer is following their grievance procedure. You can also follow the ACAS code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures here: The emphasis of this Code is to try to resolve grievances informally, without reverting to a formal procedure, or to resolve them with the help of a third party (mediator). If an informal grievance is not possible you can start a formal grievance. This should be done in writing and should set out the nature of the grievance. Your employer should invite you to a meeting following the grievance. I would recommend that you bring a companion to the meeting. If you’re in a trade union, they might be able to negotiate with your employer for you. If you’re not in a union, find out if there’s one at your workplace that you can join. You might find details in your staff handbook, intranet or on notice boards at work. You should bring a colleague you trust or a trade union representative. For more information on who you can bring to the hearing please visit:

If your grievance doesn’t get the result you want, you can take your employer to a tribunal. You'll have to notify
The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) first. Acas is an organisation that provides independent support to help sort out employment disputes. They'll see if your employer will agree to a process called ‘early conciliation' - a way to resolve disputes without going to a tribunal.

You can also contact ACAS. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300(###) ###-####. You can find out more about ACAS here:

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. Best wishes.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 1 day ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!