james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My daughter received a phone call saying that because of the

Customer Question

My daughter received a phone call saying that because of the current climate they are going to make her redundant or she could accept a zero hours contact. She refused the zeros hours contract and sain it would have to be reduncancy. She has now received a letter stating voluntary reducancy is this right
JA: Has your daughter discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: with HR/Owner
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that she was in a full time position
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Redundancy can be either voluntary or compulsory. The outcome and financial settlement would be the same.

How long has your daughter been employed with the emplyer?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
2 years

Has your daughter actually fully completed 2 full years and now in her 3rd year of employment?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.
Then as she has two full years service, she just qualifies for statutory redundancy pay.

How much she would receive is based on her age, gross weekly pay and the 2 years service.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you one last thing is a zero hour contract an offer of employment from full time

This basically means no guaranteed income. If redundancy then takes place at a later date , the amount would be based on average earnings.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you all done

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.