james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Thanks very much for your instructions and for allowing me

Hi James.Thanks very much for your instructions and for allowing me to ask another question....The unlawful deduction of wages disputes arose from only paying my contracted hours, not varied hours, such as training, overtime, cover, meetings etc. I am arguing the Respondent relied on timesheets and failed to keep proper records of my varied hours. Is the Respondent in breach for this, or in law, are timesheets reliable?Adele

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. Time sheets are fine.

However, before relying on the time sheets, which may well show what hours etc you did work, you would need to look at your contract of employment.

You need to see if there are clauses containing details of your working hours, rates of pay and more importantly, whether overtime is actually paid. Surprisingly, overtime does not actually have to be paid, but details would normally be stated in try contract. Even if overtime is not paid, the hourly rate of pay for the total hours worked must not fall below the legal minimum wage rate.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you James.I shall respond on the next question.
Adele