james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Following on from our last convo i applied made a case

Hi. Following on from our last convo i applied made a case management application. However the judge came back saying "No jurisdication to the data protection act in terms of the subject access request" Then gave me three points where they may make an order, but i need to ask the company first.
1 Need to be specified with sufficient precision to be identifiable
2 Are relevant to the claim
3 Is proportionate and necessary to make the orderCan i go back and say "I need all comunication between company A and company B (being the HR advisors) between Date 1 and Date 2". Or is that way to vauge?

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry for the delay, the question has just become unlocked.

From what the judge has told you and from what you are asking, I would certainly say that your request is far to vauge.

The criteria above is specific and should be followed. You are not allowed to go on a fishing expedition looking for things, you have to be detailed in the request.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Noted, thanks. Would it be acceptable to simply ask for the selection criteria and matrix used for my redudanacy? I was in a pool of one, and i believe that the redudancy was the the real reason for dismissal as i had raised a grievance five months earlier.

Yes, that is a specific item and could clearly be regarding as appropriate to your case.