ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Laywer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I would like some advice as to how to proceed. I’ve been

Good Day,
I would like some advice as to how to proceed.
I’ve been working at Lloyds Banking group since 2002. We might be made redundant at the end of February 2021 and I’m 64, I would be 65 in August.
So, I will not have yet the age for retirement.
I want to know how it will affect my state pension and if I would be worse off if I claim unemployment benefit.
Thanking you in advance and looking forward for your advice.
Eloisa Latorre***@******.***
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not yet
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Contractor
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Employee

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
please ... I shall wait for an answer

Hello Eloisa,

your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to help.

I note that you have been waiting for some time for a response. Admittedly, this is a very specialist area and the question you have raised requires very specific considerations. As such, what I think would be best is for you to speak to someone who specializes in this area for assistance. Below is a link to the government’s pension advisory service. I have found them in the past to be very detailed and helpful. The service is also free. Here are their details, give them a ring :

https://www.gov.uk/pensions-advisory-service

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank You I shall send them the quey.

You are most welcome!

ReadyLaw, Laywer