Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a business owner that requires your advice, recently my

Customer Question

Good Afternoon
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am a business owner that requires your advice, recently my wife had Covid (20th Oct), from that date I isolated however on 1 occasion I had to go to my factory to collect some paperwork from my office. The office itself is on the first floor and all my staff are on the ground floor. I made a phone call to the office to advise them that I was coming in. My visit itself is not documented and to my knowledge cannot be proven. A member of staff who was away at the time has refused to come back to work and in turn used my visit to contact Health & Safety, I had mentioned to her my visit in a passing comment. She is now raising this issue further and I just wondered what my legal stance is on this, thanks Colin
JA: Have you discussed this workplace safety issue with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: Is the relevant person an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Does she belong to a union?
Customer: She is an employee but does not belong to a union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

The law says you must self isolate for 14 days.

This means you can not leave your house.

Technically you can be given a fine for leaving your house.

It does not matter that you called work and made sure you did not come into contact.

The law says you have to stay in.

So, in theory, you could get a find, but that is unlikely if no one else became infected.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** contact you tomorrow if I have any further questions. Thanks again
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

My pleasure