Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I've sent a copy of my payslip my boss don't send these to

I've sent a copy of my payslip my boss don't send these to us anymore I don't know if its cost reasons my money goes into the bank each week know problem I have however had to do some overtime recently my employer paid me know problem but I couldn't work it out and its not till now that I've noticed I don't have an hourly rate, when I raised this with my employer he said ho Alan we don't work like that on this firm you know that, I thought this was wrong am I within my rights to 1 ask for my pay slips to be sent or emailed to me regularly and to can I insist on a hourly rate be put on my payslip. Thank you

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this please? Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I want to know if by you looking at my payslips is it wrong I don't have an hourly rate ! Also isn't it wrong that my employer dosnt send out our payslips or email them to us. Thank you

Thank you very much for clarifying. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

The law on payslips is governed by the Employment Rights Act 1996. You can refer to the specific section here:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/section/8

As you can see, there is no requirement for the hourly rate to be included on the payslips.

In terms of the payslips being issued to you, the requirement is for the employer to ‘give’ them to you at, or before, you are paid. There are various methods for this to happen – it could be a physical payslip that is handed to you, it could be an email with it attached or it could be an online portal where you access it to view, download or print it. In any event, they must give it to you, in a sense that you are able to access it.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.