Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I work for a agency and they have underpaid me for months

I work for a agency and they have underpaid me for months and have accepted it. its been many months and i havent received my backdated pay from last July. How do i approach them with the legal framework to make sure i get what i'm owed.I just keep getting told its out of their hands due to the payroll not being connected with them.

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform.

I am sorry to hear about your underpayment issue.

You may want to issue a letter before claim addressed to the agency where you set out what the issue is, how much they owe you and require them to pay you the funds within certain timescale. You can find good templates for free at: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim

If they ignore your letter take them to court. You can issue a claim in a small claims court here:https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
im still working for them at the moment can i try and give them 14 days to provide me with the payment i'm required.
It sounds sensible.