How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 172
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

I work for a agency and they have underpaid me for months

This answer was rated:

I work for a agency and they have underpaid me for months and have accepted it. its been many months and i havent received my backdated pay from last July. How do i approach them with the legal framework to make sure i get what i'm owed.I just keep getting told its out of their hands due to the payroll not being connected with them.

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform.

I am sorry to hear about your underpayment issue.

You may want to issue a letter before claim addressed to the agency where you set out what the issue is, how much they owe you and require them to pay you the funds within certain timescale. You can find good templates for free at:

If they ignore your letter take them to court. You can issue a claim in a small claims court here:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
im still working for them at the moment can i try and give them 14 days to provide me with the payment i'm required.
It sounds sensible.
Marcinlondon and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you