Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Im taking a contactor to court, as we fell out & they wont

im taking a contactor to court, as we fell out & they wont show me my receipts, they do want to settle out of court . . anyway thats not the issue, i need to do my Tax returns, I have contacted them to sent over my receipts for work or something (i was only with them for 5 months) yet they dont Reply . . . ? is it Law that they have to give me my work receipts so i can do my taxes - (as all there receipts for my work are on-line, you sign into a Portal - they have Locked me out ? pls advise John
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: im a sub-contractor - im a Plumbing & Drainage engineer
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: from the u.k ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: tI was hoping it would goto court . . ther've backed out yet not reponded . . to the £2900 they ow me . . Anyway im ust on here to get a Position on the Law about them having to give me receipts for the work ive done (i have requested this by email to accounts) no reply - if its Law id Like to tell them this ?

Hi thank you for your message, I appreciate this is important to you so I will endeavour to give you a quick but clear answer. Please note this is not a chat service so responses may not be instantaneous. This is not a legal obligation as such, there are schemes such as the construction industry scheme which require this but if they are not a member they do not have to do so. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
there called Rightio (nationwide) they do plumbing drainage locksmiths & pest controll thereve been around for about 20 years . . (would the inland revenue know ? as id like to send them a responce so they give me my entitled work receipts ?

They might have included this information in their accounts if they have done this yet but HMRC would not be able to disclose that information with you. You can suggest however, that if they do not supply the receipts you will have to report them to HMRC for failing to supply this information. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for you Help . . . i will use this part to Rightio " You can suggest however, that if they do not supply the receipts you will have to report them to HMRC for failing to supply this information" and say this is what my solicitors says . . . Thanks . . . .
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for your help . . .

No problem, take care.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
here's one for you a free bee from me . . these Big nationwide Company's unbrella corperations, Like ERG - Emergency responce group - Rightio - sapient, etc usually ow there engineers about £600'000.00 before then declairing bankrupt changing there name & then carring on scooping all the Engineers wages . . . its a known conn . . (A loophole in Law) good uck . . i'll leave you a good review Thanks