NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

Second opinion] I am currently employed in one of UK’s NHS

second opinion] I am currently employed in one of UK’s NHS as a Band 5 Staff nurse under a Tier 2 visa. I also do bank shifts under that same trust. I would like to inquire if I can take up another work as an agency nurse? Thank you.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not yet
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Full time employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else

Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure
You would need to check with the sponsor first if they permit you to do additional work via the agency. If so, then the additional work will need to be limited to 20 hours. Plus you would need to ensure that the additional work does not interfere with the work you are required to do for the sponsor
Please feel free to ask follow up questions
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. I also wondered because I am already picking up extra shifts (bank shifts) on my day off sometimes on the same company who sponsored me. Is that counted? or for as long as it is permitted and on the agency does not go over 20 hours?

That is unlikely to be deemed as additional work as you are still working for the sponsor. You can take on additional work (not sponsored by the sponsor) provided it is within the same Occupation code and at a max of 20 hours. If you are working for than 20 hours or in a different occupation code you may need to update your visa.

NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience: -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters

I hope that answers your query

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much this has been super helpful.