NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

I have been going through a redundancy process for the last

I have been going through a redundancy process for the last two years. due to the incompetence of the civilian workforce adviser the initial post mapping used the wrong policy document and there were a lot of mistakes, i wrote and informed the department and a month later i got a response and they started the post mapping process again. The outcome changed and i moved from one status to another without adequate explanation. I then appealed within the 5 day time frame October and a appeal hearing took place in January, Three months later. Jan 14th 2020 the appeal was not upheld and i was going to be made redundant. It then took the department four months to put me in the redeployment pool in June for 6 months job end date Nov. At the three month point i asked did i need to complete any paperwork prior to the job end date of Nov answer no. November came and i was not moved onto the next part of the process excuse of COVID. They have now give me my forecast and instead of getting 21 months money i have only been offered six as i am sixty in Jul. Have i a strong enough case to take them to a tribunal?
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes a manager
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee. I have gone to the union and i am awaiting their response
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Please confirm how long have you been working for the employer and the exact redundancy payment that has been offered.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have worked for the employer since January 1987. I have been offered six months redundancy at £21,086.50 -6 months as opposed to 21 months approx £73,802
I'm unclear why you think you should be entitled to 21 months redundancy pay. Is there an enhanced redundancy policy at work?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there was an enhanced redundancy policy - 1 month for every year, capped at 21 years service
If there is such a policy at work I suggest you refer HR to the relevant policy and seek clarity as to why your redundancy has been calculated incorrectly. This should be simple.Failing this you can then consider resolving this via ACAS and only should consider a claim at the Employment tribunal.
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience: -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your assistance and yes this will be going further
You must ensure your file the claim within the 3 month deadline from the date of redundancy.
But considering it is a company policy I would expect this matter to be resolved at an early stages. Best wishes.