NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  -Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

What are my chances to win my dismissal appeal while I was

Hello, what are my chances to win my dismissal appeal while I was on probation (2years in total in post thought not continuously) and against the local authority/my employer? Thank you.
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mostly at the grounds that all this caused me emotional distress.
If you have not been in employment with your employer for a continuous period of 2 years, you are unable to bring a claim for unfair dismissal unless there are other matters related ie. discrimination or whistle blowing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had unfair treatment which I raised a grievance, because I haven't applied to the grievance outcome the main whitness at the dismissal hearing was my supervisor which I had issues with.
That can be argued as unfair process. However as mentioned above you need to be employed for at least 2 years.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Therefore there is no hope with this.
Unfortunately, that is correct.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am mostly interested about their actions which caused me great stress.
What has happened?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Apart from being treated badly from my supervisor who suggested not to continue working their she made complaints about my practice and request to refer me to my professional council as not sufficient to practice my profession, which is a serious allegation and I am currently under investigation.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Apologies, request for me to be referred to my professional council..
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Apologies, request for me to be referred to my professional council.
Please explain what you mean by treated badly. Were you being treat unfavourable in comparison to other employees?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean that I've been scrutinized from my supervisor, talked negatively behind my back to other professionals, interrupted me in meetings, provide very little not adequate support leading to mistakes which then would put the blame on me while it was her documended instructions. Also she made comments to me implemented that I am an imposter not professional, challenging my degree which obtained abroad and so much more.
Thank you for the details. Unfortunately it seems like a case of bullying and potentially harrasment. If you feel you have been discriminated because of you ethnicity then you may be able to bring a claim for unfair dismissal.
If there are any acts of discrimination then you do not need to have minimum period of 2 years of service.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is not easy to tell what was the reason behind all these behaviours while other colleagues from other ethnic background working there as well and I am aware of other people before me inclunding British having similar issues with the same senior.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've been targeted for sure but why that is something that I am still wondering.
Well as stated above if you feel you have been treated unfavourably which could potentially be linked to your ethnicity or even race then you can bring a claim for unfair dismissal. It is for them to prove that the dismissal was fair and was not discriminatory.
I believe that answers your query today
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure thank you.
My pleasure