MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I was on potential redundancy at work. I had spoken to HR

Customer Question

Hi, I was on potential redundancy at work. I had spoken to HR with concerns to the manager that was taking the meeting, in which case I was told by HR that this is a grievance, and that we have to pause the redundancy process and go through grievance before another meeting for the redundancy. I feel I have been treated unfairly t work and raised a grievance before, which was dismissed and while being made furloughed, I have been under a lot of stress, my health had deteriorated. I decided to just go for redundancy and get out. It has caused me a lot of stress at home and while I was working there.
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: So now we are in the process of going through grievance, as I when going through the process of the scores, it was unfair
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There has been so much going on, I am so stressed out, I don't know how to deal with all if this
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your current circumstances can you clarify which process your question relates to is it the redundnacy process or the grievance process?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Its all confusing, I'm going through a grievance and the redundancy process is on hold, but I have told them I do not wish to to come back to work for the company

Thank you for the clarification, I understand that the redundancy process and the grievance procedure will be a stressful process for you. If you wish to stop the grievance procedure you will need to formally withdraw this, to prevent this going any further. Once a grievance is lodged a company is under an obligation to investigate this. Then the redundancy process can resume.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry I didn't realise I would have to keep making payment's for the advice

Further payment is required if you would like a call, you have already paid for a written response which I am happy to continue to assist you with.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would there be further payments to make as we go along?

Any questions relating to payments would need to be directed to customer services, unfortunately I am a site user like yourself I do not have any control or say over any payments. Our customer services will be able to advise you of any further cost is applicable so you can be sure of what you will pay.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thank you.

I will be glad to assist you further on your question once you have spoken with customer services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** it
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 14 days ago.

Have you managed to resolve this with customer services, I will be happy to continue to assist you in relation to your original query.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 10 days ago.

If you wish to withdraw your grievance you should do so in writing and then this will allow the company to continue with the redundancy process.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remians unclear I will be happy to assist you further.

We wish you all the best in your employment matter.