How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4434
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Is it my fault if an employer makes me claims hours that

Customer Question

Is it my fault if an employer makes me claims hours that wasn't work to receive financial gain for them self? And others?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
Can you please give more details of what happened.

Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

In what way were you made to claim false hours?

Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

If you have deliberately falsified time records to assisted another make a financial gain, then yes you can be facing criminal charges.

These could include fraud, and conspiracy to commit fraud.

If you were under extreme duress to do this, then it is possible you have a defence.

If you come under criminal investigation, then I would advice that you seek urgent criminal lawyer to help represent you. This can be covered by legal aid.

If I can assist further please come back to me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the situation was I was a team leader in a phb care package funded by health... I resigned from my role 2 days ago and my employer who was the lady I cares for rang me yesterday to say the following.That health was invesgating me for claiming hours and being paid hours that I never worked during my 6 months employment and she was told this by the commissioner who manages her package at health and he told her not to tell me.Is it legal for them to investagate me without formally telling me that I'm under investigation? Because I only heard this second hand and not from health but they seem to be telling other people I am under investigation but they have not said anything to me.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Even though I was not claiming anything that I didn't work
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

If you have not claimed anything you did not work, you will have nothing to worry about. They would not find any wrong doing or fraud.

Yes they can carry out an investigation without telling you to see if any wrong doing has taken place.

They have to advice you are any disciplinary but not any investigation.