SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I work for the local authority as a social worker,my partner

I work for the local authority as a social worker,my partner was questioned about a sexual offence against his grandaughter who is 3 yrs.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: case as been closed no further action from the police, I've been advised from LADA that I cannot I cannot continue as a SW if I have a relationship with him
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Yes in UNison Uni
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no nothing else

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please continue to find me a answer.
Kind regards *****

Good afternoon. Welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Thank you for your patience. If the allegation was unfounded and there is no record and he is not under any type of surveillance or needing to take any further action then you can carry on with work as social worker. However if there are actions ongoing despite the conclusion that no action would be taken then LADA is correct. Any clarification please do not hesitate to contact us I am always glad to clarify. All the best.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My question is this.
Can the local authority sack me if I remain in a relationship with my partner? I am a social worker.
There isnt any further action from the police the case has been closed.
Second question would my children be put on a safety plan?.
Look forward to hearing from you
Annmarie

Thank you for taking the call. As discussed it is best to errr on the side of caution and when he has secured the information you can review and make a decision on going forward, but for now it is in your children's best interests to keep your distance, and also for your career,