How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5203
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I work for the local authority as a social worker,my partner

This answer was rated:

I work for the local authority as a social worker,my partner was questioned about a sexual offence against his grandaughter who is 3 yrs.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: case as been closed no further action from the police, I've been advised from LADA that I cannot I cannot continue as a SW if I have a relationship with him
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Yes in UNison Uni
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no nothing else

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please continue to find me a answer.
Kind regards *****

Good afternoon. Welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Thank you for your patience. If the allegation was unfounded and there is no record and he is not under any type of surveillance or needing to take any further action then you can carry on with work as social worker. However if there are actions ongoing despite the conclusion that no action would be taken then LADA is correct. Any clarification please do not hesitate to contact us I am always glad to clarify. All the best.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5203
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
SolicitorRM and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My question is this.
Can the local authority sack me if I remain in a relationship with my partner? I am a social worker.
There isnt any further action from the police the case has been closed.
Second question would my children be put on a safety plan?.
Look forward to hearing from you

Thank you for taking the call. As discussed it is best to errr on the side of caution and when he has secured the information you can review and make a decision on going forward, but for now it is in your children's best interests to keep your distance, and also for your career,