Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Could you advise on alleged misconduct? I had a hearing and

Customer Question

Hi, could you advise on alleged misconduct? I had a hearing and witnesses on 26th April but still haven't heard from anyone?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Inverness
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Scotland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had a hearing and 3 witnesses
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have a copy of the details of misconduct as well as the notes from hearing
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can sent this across
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can wait. Thank you
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Jeremy would it be helpful if I have sent a copy of the alleged misconduct and minutes from my hearing? I could email these over.

Perhaps if you could just briefly explain, the alleged misconduct, and what you want to know?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have been accused of gross missconduct- theft and falsification of the invoice which I have proofed at the hearing is not true. I had 3 witnesses but on the company cctv I have been seen taking 4 items which weren't fit for sale with the permission and knowledge of the office staff and the supervisor.
I haven't heard since 27th of April and would like to know how long it might take for the company to come back to me.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
also what the next steps are?

I understand and I am sorry to hear about this. It has not yet been a week therefore, I do not consider they are being particularly unreasonable. You should ask how long they might take to come back to you but it is very likely to be more than a week. You should also check any disciplinary procedure in the staff manual or on the intranet to see if they set out timelines in there. If so they should stick to them.

I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

I thank you for visiting the website and for the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry. If you have further questions, inquiries or queries let me know post haste and I will attempt to answer them. Otherwise I bid you a good day

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Glad to have helped, take care.