SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Employment law: I am currently settling a case out of court

Customer Question

Employment law: I am currently settling a case out of court forms road traffic accident which was not my fault. My legal team accepted a ‘drop hands’ offer from the defendant but we have subsequently been advised that the defendants insurance company is going to put me on the Insurance Fraud register.What are my responsibilities to my current employer at this point, and if I end up on the register?If I do end up on the register, then I am going to file a Part 8 form to get removed. Again, what are my obligations to my employer?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I will wait. Please continue to search.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon. Welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Thank you for your patience. It really depends on your type of work. If you are obliged to disclose any entries relating to actual or alleged fraud ( always required if you are working in the finance and insurance sector) then you have an obligation to update your employer and they will decide on the implications based on their policies. I am very surprised that your solicitor in accepting the drop hands offer did not make sure that this would not happen, it is something you would always  include in any settlement agreement. I would strongly recommend that you go back to the solicitor and they can try and get it removed as otherwise the settlement would not have been in your best interests if it meant limiting yourself in terms of employment opportunities and indeed getting finance options in future. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question, I am always glad to assist. All the best