How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19376
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We are trying to close our Ltd company but are being taken

Customer Question

Hi There,
We are trying to close our Ltd company but are being taken to court for works that the client says we did not complete and so they got someone else to finish the works. We signed a contract with them as the Ltd company but there was a dispute on extra works which the client did not pay for and we had a meeting and she agreed to pay for the extra work to be done, but unfortunately communication broke down and the work was not completed, as she also owed us the extra money.
We received the court order but it says my personal name T/A company name. So I have been looking on line and forums for similar things are stating that this should not be the case and we should contact the court and explain to them that it should just be the company name on the summons.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

You need to file a defence saying that they have sued the wrong person.

You need to state they instructed the Limited company (and if you have evidence attach that too) and say that the claim should be in the name of the ltd Co.

So say it should be the ltd co name and not you personally.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
just to confirm eventhough he done the work personally he should only have the company name on the court form as the quote was for the Ltd company name. And do I contact the court by email now and state this fact?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

If that is who he instructed or paid - then yes.

I hope that helps.